How do I set my brightness w/Huey + iMac?

<p>I have a 24" iMac LCD and a Pantone Huey. Set up worked well and things seem to be working correctly. However, no where does it tell me where I should set my Brightness (using the keyboard brightness buttons) while using the Huey. Or does it matter? Right now I have my brightness set all the way down, is this right? Does the Huey manage that no matter how I set it? I can't find answers anywhere. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>I have the original Huey and I honestly don't know myself how the brightness button on the keyboard affects or comes into play with Huey's calibration. I also have set this to the lowest setting as I find that this helps me see a more realistic print output.</p>

<p>On the other hand (and sadly for us original Huey owners), the Huey Pro addresses this brightness issue by adding another step in adjusting the display prior to the actual automatic calibration process by giving you a chance to set this right.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/pantone_huey_pro.html">Pantone Huey Pro</a></p>

<p>If you have the original Huey as I have and you found an article that explains how the brightness buttons affect the original calibration, kindly post here as well.</p>

<p>Finally, you do know that you can update to the "Pro" version directly via Pantone's website. It's a simple software upgrade that differentiates the Huey with the Huey Pro.</p>

<p>Thanks for this feedback. Good to know about the Pro being only a software upgrade (are you going to upgrade? I can't afford it right now but maybe sometime soon), I didn't realize that. I think brightness all the way down is a good bet, and my results have been good so far, but I wish I could find something to explain this. I like to know I have it exactly right! I'm going to continue researching and will post what I might learn. Hopefully someone very knowledgeable will fill us in here!</p>

<p>Have no money to upgrade to the Pro version especially since Pantone is charging a heck of a lot on their site versus if you buy the complete Pro product package on retail outlets like Amazon which is discounted. If they give us existing Huey owners a price break in the future, perhaps it's time.</p>

<p>Anyway, yes please post if you do find something and if an expert in this area can chime in.</p>