D300 dust issue?

josephbraun

<p>It looks like dust to me.</p>

<p>A quick test is to take a photo of an evenly illuminated featureless subject (cloudless sky, blank wall, etc.) at a very small aperture. Bring the photo into the editing software of your choice and apply "Auto Levels" to see all the dust-bunnies.</p>

<p>Looks like dust to me. If you go nutso with the curves, you can see a few more specs near the bottom. Rocket Blowers work well for dust that hasn't become stuck on. I just ordered the PhotoSol cleaning kit with Eclipse and sensor swabs, but I haven't used it yet (I forgot to specify that I need E2 with the kit, not Ecplise... doh!).</p>

<p>Set your lens to its smallest apeture, set the focus to infinity, take a picture of a blank sheet of paper and crank up the contrast or play with the curves and you'll see all the dust specs that are there. Using the autobalance feature in IrfanView or Corel PhotoPaint works ideally for showing all the dust specs on the sensor.</p>

<p>Hi Joseph<br>

It looks like dust, but cannot be too sure until you show us a 100% crop.</p>

<p>I have an issue with my D300, where occasionally "4x in 3 months" I have found a grease/silicone like substance on the sensor, pretty obvious when viewed at full size though. Hopefully yours will be dust free after a quick blow through and not require a wet clean.</p>

<p>Good luck </p><div>00SwvK-121369784.jpg.0ecd4b4ffe0f34cc15226065bf39f99d.jpg</div>

<p>Paul:<br>

I had the same problem with my D300 a few months ago, But then the spots went away by themselves before my sensor cleaning stuff arrived. Today I noticed similar spots have appeared. Guess I'll wait a while and see if these go away, too.</p>