Flash X M selector missing on 90mm 3.8

dietbrand

<p>Hi everybody,</p>

<p>I just bought an RB, which works flawlessly except for 1 thing. The flash selector on the lens is missing and it's currently on M. I need it on X, that's all.</p>

<p>I tried sticking a screwdriver in the hole and depressing the underlying metal plate to turn it but that didn't work. Does anyone know how this mechanism work? I just need it to work once to turn to X and then it can remain there.</p>

<p><em>Oddly enough, I have the opposite problem. On a Hasselblad C lens with Syncro-Compur shutter, I can only get back to synch with lens (ELX body) with lens on "M" flash bulb...</em></p>

<p><em>Talked to a professional repair expert and short of taking shutter apart, I must live with it. Otherwise the lens works great - just no flash synching and parts will be hard to come by.</em><br>

<em>You may have to do same unless you send it in for repair.</em></p>

<p>Just noticed the flash doesn't fire with either setting (it does flash when connecting the cord to the socket though, so no faulty cord). Any ideas, or should i just use this lense as daylight only and get some others?</p>