Issue with my Epson R1800

<p>Thierry, I just scrolled down your Adjustments.doc file and saw your Color Settings. You are not color managing in PS7 by default? This is most unusual. And you certainly <em>do not</em> want to use your monitor profile as a working space. The usual choice for the settings is "North America Prepress 2." Then choose Adobe RGB or sRGB as your RGB working space. Turn off color management in the Epson driver, but set the other parameters (paper type, print quality...) appropriately. Then make the PS7 print dialog settings as I recommended previously, after ensuring during soft-proofing that all the image colors lie within color space defined by the printer profile you will use. Make a print, report back...</p>

<p>First, this picture is untagged. Before the print screen, go to "assign" and pick whatever it really is- sRGB or Adobe RGB.</p>

<p>Next, select the "document" as the source space. </p>

<p>Then for print space you do not want to use adobeRGB or absolute colormetric- how did you come up with these settings? Why didn't you read Patrick's threads on "how to print on an Epson?" You want to select the right profile for your printer and paper (probably something starting with SPR) and pick a normal rendering intent like perceptual or relative colormetric.</p>

<p>You will save yourself a lot of future headaches by buying a basic photoshop book. I used Real World Adobe Photoshop and it's very accessible.</p>

<p>As Roger says, your image is untagged. In PS7, go to Image>Mode>Assign Profile and assign sRGB. Then set your PS7 Print dialog to look like that in the attached image, except your Print Space Profile should be that for "Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte" (or whatever it is called) for the R1800. Your Color Settings and R1800 properties windows look OK. )You might want to reduce the size of your image to something like 3"x4" at 360ppi just to save ink until you get things sorted out.)</p>

<p>As Roger says, your image is untagged. In PS7, go to Image>Mode>Assign Profile and assign sRGB. Then set your PS7 Print dialog to look like that in the attached image, except your Print Space Profile should be that for "Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte" (or whatever it is called) for the R1800. Your Color Settings and R1800 properties windows look OK. )You might want to reduce the size of your image to something like 3"x4" at 360ppi just to save ink until you get things sorted out.)</p><div>00SuO6-120321884.jpg.8a31c0a615fbe8ad79f3ebcbb1ac2bb3.jpg</div>

<p>the untagged RGB is not a reason for why the OP get bad color..a simple color management workflow would get thing up and running. Why all the other *solution*?</p>

<p>1_from photoshop select the LET PHOTOSHOP DETERMINE COLOR (if you have it or something similar) define the correct ICC profile in the Print space Profile (like in Ben screeen shot), press print. When in the Epson dialogue, select no color adjustment. Press Print and enjoy.</p>

<p>I have to admit that I tried almost everything without success. Then, late Sunday afternoon, the printer told me that I had to replace the blue cartridge. I did. Then, I got a message telling me that the printer wasn't able to recognize the red cartridge (!) which was working before I replaced the blue one (moreover, all cartridges are genuine from Epson.) I replaced the red one last week and it was still 98% full.<br>

No need to say that I'm really getting tired of it. I never had any issue with a printer, until now. This bring back the desire to work in a classic darkroom with chemicals, rather than a computer.</p>

• 6 months later...
<p>Do I understand correctly at the end of the thread that the problem was solved when you changed the red ink cartridge? I have had an issue with my R1800 that after putting in new 'Epson' ink, prints have not come out the same. (XP, CS3, no color mgt, IMC, glossy icc etc. all according to the book.) Thanks.</p>