Which 50mm to buy?

martin_ywain

<p>Hi guys, I'm using a RZ67 Pro I right now. I'm considering between the sekor C 50mm and the Sekor Z 50mm non-ULD. May I know the pros and cons between the two?<br /> I'm asking this because I've heard bad things about the Sekor Z 50mm non ULD version and I can't afford the ULD version as of now. So I'm choosing between the two cheaper alternatives.<br /> What matters to me is image quality (sharpness and especially distortions) and not whether the Z lens can sync with the RZ body. In fact I see the mechanical nature of the C lens as a benefit (no batteries to run out). TIA (:</p>

<p>P.S. - Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile and I didn't realise I wasn't posting under the RB/RZ forum previously. Since the lens purchase is coming, I need inputs rather urgently. Sorry again for the double post</p>

<p>I trialed an RB67 with the 50mm C lens and decided against the purchase because of the barrel distortion. I shoot architecture almost exclusively in MF, so that did not work for me at all. I've noticed lots of RB/RZ photos on architectural photography books, but not one shot with a 50mm lens. The 65mm lens seemed to be the standard wide angle used on those bodies.</p>

<p>I have owned the RB lens and though it did distort a bit it was quite sharp at all apertures except wide open where I rarely used it. I do use the ULD and the lens is amazing. Go for it when you can. Added benefit: I will work with AE finder.<br>

Mark.</p>