Flash Bracket for D700

mgk1966

<p>Does anybody have a good flash bracket for the D700 with the SB-29 cable? Specifically one that flips the camera, not the flash, and one that has a quick release option. I have a stroboframe that I use for my D300, but it won't fit the D700.<br /> Thanks.<br /> Matt</p>

<p>I bought a Alzo Flip Flash Bracket that works great with the d700, comes with it's own quick release. I got it in the softbox kit. I really love it! If you use it with a SB-900 it says you'll need a shoe mount adapter. They also sell on eBay.<br>

http://alzodigital.com/online_store/flip_flash_bracket_digital_camera.htm<br>

<strong><br /> </strong> <strong> </strong></p>

<p>If you hold the bracket with your right hand, the d700 shutter button will be on the top when shooting vertically.<br>

I usually mount the bracket on a tripod, especially if using the softbox. it has a screw hole on the bottom for that. You could also use a cable or a wireless release.</p>

<p>I noticed a similar problem with some Stroboframes on my D2H, Matthew.</p>

<p>Check out the Custom Brackets. The full blown Custom Brackets designs (Pro and QRS) are expensive but the bracket and flash rotate around the camera (or vice versa, depending on your point of view).</p>

<p>Or, at a price similar to most Stroboframes, the CB Junior is a flip type bracket that I preferred to any Stroboframe I tried (and I tried 'em all in three shops before buying the CB Junior). Very rigid and a bit heavier than most Stroboframes, but allows for a normal grip of the D2H (or my other Nikons) in horizontal or vertical orientation, with the secondary shutter release button and command dials easily accessible. The "handle" of the bracket will be on the right side, but there's plenty of clearance to hold the camera normally.</p>

<p>If you prefer the hand grip of the bracket on the left, there are other Custom Brackets designs that can accommodate that hold, but I haven't tried 'em personally.</p>

<p>if you are comfortable with the strobo camera flip, the alzo will give you awkward grip on your camera. the CB junior (that i also use) is far better built than the stroboframe and maybe than the alzo also. but it's flash flip. and the handle is on your right pushed forward -- excellent for me and to some because it frees up both hands for normal right-hand-grip and left-hand-lens-cradle hold....</p>

<p>i believe CB also make camera flip models, if that is more to your liking.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>This post is a month old, but for anybody searching, I did come up with an answer. I bought a $25 TTL flash extension cord. I connect that from the hotshoe to the SC-29, which I have mounted to the side of the bracket. This allows me to turn the D700 over all the way.</p>