Using Nikon P5100 in a studio

rob_joseph

<p>I have a P5100 and thought that because it had a hotshoe I would be able to use this model in a studio. But my first attempt brought mixed results. While I am able to trigger the strobes with a radio trigger it also sets off my internal flash. This defeats the purpose of the strobes.</p>

<p>I am shooting in Manual. I read somewhere where I needed to go into the Menu and select Built In Flash OFF for the Flash Control setting.</p>

<p>Is ths all I need to do to assure the internal flash will not fire AND the strobes will fire? Or am I missing something obvious and foolish?</p>

<p>Hansel is right.<br>

I have a Nikon D40x and a P5000. The P5000 is my backup. Just put the flash in "off" and the camera in M and you can fire trhe strobes. You will have no problems with this.<br>

Another alternative is to put the strobes at maximun power or near maximum power. Then adjust your aperture in the camera, and the light from the internal flash would be relatively minimal. Is not perfect, but in an emergency , it can work.</p>

<p> </p>