Rollei 6003 Pro

pryszmont

<p>Hi<br>

Please, help me with my problem. I like to attache 220 film back to my new 6003 Pro camera. What I have to do? - manual is telling me to change film stage(page 24 of manual) do I anderstend it corectly? Or it is for 645 back?<br>

Thanks for any help.<br>

George</p>

<p>You'll need to purchase a 220 magazine. For one thing the signal for winding a completed roll of film originates from the film magazine. More importantly, the film plane location is determine by the magazine. Polaroid, 120, 645 & 220 are specific pieces for the camera. <br>

I'll check my owners manual but if you remove the film stage you'd also remove the film guide rollers. So, I'll check before I answer any further.<br>

Joe</p>

<p>The 6003 design allowed either a fixed film back or a removable film magazine. Converting from a camera with the film back to the interchangable magzine required a different film stage. Film stage height differs among the backs / magazines. (Actually, that's the reason for the warnings about using an SLX or 6002 back on later cameras.)<br>

I remember reading a post regarding the identification of the film stage. A white asterix ( * ) paint mark identifies this item. So, if your current stage has this item your fine. If not ... well, while your getting the Cat No. 13493 please get me a +2.0 dipopter for the waist level finder.</p>

<p>Joe</p>

<p>If you already have an interchangable <strong>magazine</strong> for your 120 film then you're OK to install the 220 magazine. A film <strong>back</strong> does not have a dark slide that can close to allow mid-roll changes. A magazine has a built-in dark slide.<br>

So if your camera has a film back, purchase the new film stage. If it has a magazine then your OK to use the 220.<br>

Rollei made several variations of cameras thus the confusion about the configuration of backs, magazines, stages.<br>

Joe</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>I bought a 6003 body a while back which came without a back or magazine. I later bought a newer model 6000 film back which fits, and I just added a lens.<br>

When the back is off the body, the camera winds like it's supposed to: one step at a time. However, when I put the back on, it winds like it was at the end of the film every time. Which means with film in it, it winds to the middle of the film initially, with the first exposure, all the way to the end.<br>

The back fits snugly, and the ISO settings transfer from the back to the body correctly. However, I have no way of telling if I am maybe putting film back where a magazine is supposed to go and therefore not allowing the camera to get the correct information of film position.<br>

The question, I guess, is: Will a 6000 film back with dark slide fit on a film stage made for the magazine? How can I tell if I have the correct film stage? Or: What else might be the problem?</p>

<p> </p>