FL-50R Flash question

ben_mcmillen

<p>Hey guys. I've always shot manual flashes. How I learned and still how I shoot. But I can see how TTL would

help in some situations. Those times when I'm in and out of the church alot like before and after a ceremony it would

be nice to have the option of TTL with high speed sync.<br>

My question though. To really get my moneys worth from this flash does it support high speed sync via

wireless? I know it does on the hot shoe. But how about wireless? And does it have limitations? I can't find any info

on the olympus website or searching forums. Thanks!</p>

<p>The answer to your high speed sync question is yes, you can use the FL50R in high sync (Olympus calls it FP) mode. You set the camera and flash to RC mode and you then set the TTL mode to high speed (FP) sync on the camera and you can then use any shutter speed.<br /><br />The limitations are pretty much the same as using FP mode with the flash mounted directly on the camera. In FP mode, the maximum working distance is less than in regular TTL mode because of the extra power drain. One thing you have going for you in wireless mode is, the flash can be much physically closer to the subject than the camera if you so choose to keep the subject within the working distance of the flash. You just have to make sure the flash unit(s) can *see* the built-in flash of the camera or they won't fire.<br>

<br />The FL50R can also be used in non-TTL auto or fully manual flash in addition to TTL mode wirelessly.</p>