Panasonic P&S (FZ50) with studio strobes/wireless

<p>Has any one here tried using the Panasonic DMC-FZ50/Leica V-Lux1 using studio strobes? Or strobes and a wireless kit? I'm going to try it using two Opus 150w/s studio heads and a Panasonic FL-360 hot shoe flash on an adapter. Just wondering if there was any precedent or if I'm on new ground here.</p>

<p>Well, I can't make it sync hardwired even at 1/30. It syncs using the flash heads on photoslave and then putting the FL-360 hotshoe flash on the camera to trigger them. Of course I wouldn't always want that. So, next I wonder what will happen with a radio trigger.</p>

<p>You should be able to sync the FZ50 at just about any shutter speed available. I have used mine with the Olympus FL50 flash and it syncs, TTL or not, at any shutter speed available on the camera.</p>

<p>You may need to buy an accessory you can plug into the hot shoe that has an outlet for a sync cord, or buy some sort of electronic trigger as maybe the lighting kit you are using cannot be digitally slaved, allowing it to mate properly with the flash when it goes off.</p>

<p>Oh for the good old days when every half decent camera had one [or two] flash socket and the accessory shoe was just that and not a flash shoe :-) Flash units had sync cables too ..... Still I guess then we had flash units which didn't go off when multiply connected so I guess they were not such good old days :-)<br>

I would expect my FZ50 to sync with a slave trigger the same way as my Nikon 5700 did, with the flash covered with card letting just a little light out to work the slave trigger but not show in the photo. If the worst comes to the worst you could use a dark studio and manually fire the flash during a 'long' exposure of half to one second?</p>