Problem with m6-ttl

<p>very common problem. (you'll find this in a few threads here in the forum) Usual suspect.. the gear/washer under the film spool rewind dial backing out, or coming loose.</p>

<p>Send it to Sherry (Golden Touch). I've been told that it's one of the issues that plagues M6's... it's sometimes due to vibration (micro-vibrations) from flying, and not having the camera in a bag that can absorb 'said' vibrations. My M6 is w/ Sherry at this very moment, as the rewind and shutter was starting to seize (similiar, but not the same issue you're having. ..and I can attest to the fact that the camera was not in a neoprene bag for 3 of the 6 flights I was on a few months ago. Now it's in for service. When I questioned Sherry why my M3 doesn't have the same problem, I was told, "there is nothing on the planet that is built like an M3". Not saying that flying and having an M6 is death to your camera.. but what you're experienceing is pretty common to M6 and M4 bodies.</p>

<p>Good luck.. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news.. but the good news is, it's a simple fix. .and probalby a good time to get your camera a CLA. :)</p>

<p>cheers,<br>

-J</p>

<p>can you link to any other threads on this kind of jamming; its happened before on my M6 TTL and again I'm finding the thing jamming mid roll. I would love to have a local guy look at it - I can't afford my impeccable servicing record. Also when I considered selling recently, my sheaf of receipts for servicing seemed to matter not one jot.</p>

<p>I did a search on m6 jamming and found an answer on this site. Under the rewind knob is 4 washers. You remove these to expose the slotted nut that screws into the body. If it is loose it might rotate out and jam the bind up the rewind knob to the body. Mine was not tight and turned down 1/4 turn into the body. I tightened it and hope that was my problem. Thanks all.</p>