is the canon 24-70L f2.8 worthed over my current Sigma 24-70 f2.8?

mario_saliba

<p>Hi all,<br>

I am a little confused about a lens i would require if it is worth its price. It is the canon 24-70L f2.8. Currently I have the sigma with in the same range, the Sigma 24-70 f2.8. It is sharp and used it a lot in churches and gave out good results.<br>

I would like to know if any of you had both lenses to test in various occasions and which is best. Besides that, I would also know if the canon version is worth the money or not. Are there any focusing issues with non canon lenses with canon bodies?<br>

Thanks a lot</p>

<p>i think the question you need to ask yourself is, is your current 24-70 giving you reason to replace it with another one of identical coverage?<br>

if you like the images that it gives you and you have no complains as of its operation, then why bother replacing it?</p>

<p>Thanks for replying<br>

I don't have any problems with my sigma apart from the slower focusing than the usm. I have also the 70-200 f2.8 and I am very pleased with its results. That is why I considered to swap the sigma lens for the canon.<br>

Now there is a new version of the sigma with the same range with an hsm motor. I will test it in a local store if available to see if there are any differences at all.</p>

<p>Alex this is a studio shoot. In a studio things goes better than outside with available light. I have studio lights and the results with my sigma are very good. I know that the canon is a very good lens. But I think I would prefer to invest in another lens or another canon body instead of this lens.</p>

<p>Yes, i increased sharpening in DPP from 3 to 5, and i also corrected white balance, but that's it.<br>

The quection was if this lens worth it's price, i think it worth every penny.<br>

In my experience Sigma lenses are great and definately they worth their price, but to find any differences in IQ between Canon and Sigma you need to be really picky<br>

sorry 4 my english :)</p>

• 1 month later...