Chamonix 45n-1 vs Shen-Hao TFC45-IIB

changwoo_ryu

<p>This is my first post here. Great forum about Large Format Camera!!!<br /> Since I gave up buying Ebony SW45 because of my budget, I have found two cameras in which I'm interested (Chamonix 45n-1 and Shen Hao TFC45-IIB) for my documentary project. I will shoot mainly urban landscape and environmental portrait with 90mm and 150mm lenses. Could you tell me which camera would be better choice for me? Thank you for your help in advance.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The Shen Hao may require the optional bag bellows to make full use of the 90mm lens with movement. The bellows are quick to swap over only $100 and some people just leave the bag bellows on all the time. With what your requirements are, look into the movements with a 90mm on the Chamonix. Otherwise I believe you will find all the movements you require on either camera and both are more than adequate for you requirements.</p>

<p>The Shen is available used whereas the Chamonix is so new that it seldom shows up in the pre-owned market and when it does it is almost the full price of a new one.</p>

<p>Hi, I have owned the Shenhao TZ45 IIA and it is a ok camera. Pretty solid and useable to 110mm. 90mm is not very stable. TFC I think is not a folding camera and the bellow length is limited. Chamonix is a better looking and lighter alternative with more options and versatility for lens. Its Carbon fibre base is a huge selling point (Useless but cool) hahahah.</p>

<p>Changwoo,<br />I have to disagree with Yee's "useless" comment (above) on the Chamonix carbon fiber base. I have found the base to be extremely solid even with my 360mm lens and the bellows extended all the way out. It sounds to me like you have never used the Chamonix 4x5 and therefore should have stated that in your response.<br />I regularly use a 90mm f8 on my Chamonix 4x5. Being honest, I've never had a need for anything other then a few degrees of swing and tilt so I cannot comment on how much it offers. With 150, your only limit is the lens.<br />Contact Hugo Zhang here <a href="http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/contact.html">http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/contact.html</a> and he should be able to give you any answers you need. I do not have any affiliation with them, just get irritated when I see false statements being made (as we all do).</p>

<p> </p>