Canon 5D Writes Slower

<p>A few weeks ago my 5D starting taking much longer to write data to memory cards. I'm using the same cards as always and the camera in the same settings as before. Has anyone else had this issue? Pictures take longer to appear on camera screen and I hit the buffer ceiling sooner than I should. Camera is a year and a half old. Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>Have you changed your memory cards - Different cards have different write speeds - a full card would also cause it to slow down - if you dont want to delete the photographs on your card try defragging the card like you would a normal hard drive - also some cards have a compression utility on the card itself - so if you format the card that will slow down the write process</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Depending on how many read/writes there are on the memory card, it can wear out</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Flash memory generally guarantees at least 100,000 write cycles. Read cycles are not an issue. 100,000 write cycles is about the number of guaranteed shutter cycles for a 5D. So if you never change the memory card and always write to the same location, it should wear out at the same time as the shutter does. In other words, not an issue...</p>