Leica M-7 Baseplates

tjdaddario

<p>I just a leica M-7 from KEH with a winder for $1599. I have an old M6 from 1983 and I read that the baseplates were the same. They are not. You see, the M-7 i got for so cheap was missing the baseplate. I don't like winders per se. So here I am, looking all over ebay for a replacement baseplate. I found some on ebay that claim to be M6/M7 Plates, but they look the same as my old M6 plate (which i know doesn't work) I think the plate is the same as the MP. Anybody know for sure? They look the same. <br>

<br /> All right you Leica pros. I need your help.</p>

<p>Signed<br>

- Leica Dork D'Addario.</p><div>00Si5D-114717584.jpg.c696c1fa8affd9f1b1ae3494255d2f1a.jpg</div>

<p>The base plates for the M-6 TTL, M-7 and MP should be interchangable since the Leicavit for the MP body will fit all three! I have (2) Leicavit winders, both mounted onto the M-6 TTL's and could use more! What type/model winder do you have? If you say that the body came with a winder you don't want, I could be interested in a swap of some kind. I have several baseplates just laying around!</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>I have made a helpful little photo montage of the items I own and the differences I can see. I have read that the Leica M6 TTL baseplate does fit the M-7. My M-6 from 1984. Anyway, I tried mounting it without film (the M-6 Plate to the M-7 Body and had no luck. I didn't want to force it, but I gave it a good turn, and nothing, it just wouldn't catch. The individual selling the MP baseplate said it would fit my M-7 no problem. I offered him $150 and he said "give me a day and I'll think about it". I also sent an email to Leica, which of course got no response. I've heard the plates can fetch a hefty sum when new. I have no interest in my winder. So yes, If I can't get the one online for cheap, I'd be more than willing to swap. Man, I thought I was getting such a deal... and I'd be able to use my current base plate and sell the winder for $300. Oh, well, live and learn. BTW, when KEH.com says something is bargain, it's more like excellent. Cosmetically, it's not perfect, but it's nice and works like a dream. Thanks for your help everyone!!!!</p>

<p>-Parts Missing D'Addario</p><div>00SikN-115025684.jpg.6d4ec99637ef74f5e3f449876f2af441.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks to everyone who contributed an answer for their advice, expertise and support. I found a brand spanking new one on ebay for $190 (Thanks Mohir Ali for the tipoff) (the key here was not to search for "Leica" at all, instead I searched M6 or M7 base plate) It's all about the search. I have my M Motor up on ebay for anyone who is interested. Starting bidding at $99. <br>

The best part of this forum has been my introduction to a vast number of camera shops across america I've never heard of: DAG, Tamarkin, Camera West etc.<br>

Thanks to Bob as well for pointing me to Rangefinderforum.com (i got a great many responses from people wanting to do a straight trade)</p>

<p>Best<br>

<br /> Todd</p>