firewire...old old body 1Ds / remote capture

michaelpark

<p>now..i have Windows xp...my 1Ds is on firmware version 1.0.3.. i have the 1394 6pin on the camera body size...and the 4 pin for my laptop.<br>

I have the original cd rom for the camera...and can download the remote capture...but it will not read the camera..<br>

any ideas as to what i need to do?</p>

<p>All I want is to see what I am shooting better than the little lcd screen...not for storing or organizing ...I want to see it on my laptop screen...</p>

<p>Thanks for any ideas...</p>

<p>Michael</p>

<p>This is a sore subject with me so please bear with me.</p>

<p>I'm running a Mac with Intel and have several generations of Canon digital bodies.<br>

I also have an older iBook with Power PC.</p>

<p>My 1D is the clunkiest and will allow Personal settings to be set but will not let me load any custom tone curves on the intel.<br>

I also cant control the camera FROM the laptop but can shoot from the camera and the image transfers fine.</p>

<p>All my other newer Canon Digitals work with all functions with the intel.</p>

<p>The iBook with Power PC will no longer run EOS Utility on ANY of the cameras since a recent security update (sounds just like windoze)</p>

<p>Both machines are running lastest version of Leopard.</p>

<p>The moral of the story is once you get EOS Utility to run with all functions <b>DONT DO <i>ANY </i>UPDATES </b>of any kind if tethering is important to you.</p>

<p>I've done a fair amount of net research when I was trying to figure this out and it seems that for windows users it is hard to get decent firwire card that will work with a Canon camera and you face the same problems I've experienced as far a update compatibility.</p>

<p>Good luck my friend.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sorry Bruce you have all those problems. I've gotten all my bodies--XTi, 40D, 50D & 5D--to work perfectly with the latest EOS Utility and Remote Capture. Of course I'm running OS 10.4.11, not Leopard, on my G4 Tower and MacBook Pro. I had an early version of Leopard but downgraded as most of my audio software and hardware went haywire. Everything seems to work with Tiger...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Good luck.<br>

I have a 1D, 1Dm2, 20D, 300D, 350D and 400D. All except for the 1D work just fine with remote capture and connections.<br>

The original 1D and 1Ds don't use the same remote capture software. I noticed when updating that the names are different. The latest versions won't even recognize the old 1D.</p>