5d vs 5dmk2

larz711

<p>Just at 13x19. The II is slightly more detailed at that size. There is a difference, but it is not earth-shaking. But that's OK. I didn't upgrade for resolution. It was all the other features like sensor cleaning, live view, videos, and the new options that seem to permeate the command system, like the ability to limit the shutter speed when shooting with a flash in AV mode.<br>

But I digress...</p>

<p>I have both. I wasn't expecting any significant difference at 13 x 19 - I'm generaly a skeptic about the size of improvements in the final product from upgrades like this. I made my first careful 13 x 19 last night and, much to my surprise, at least in this photo I'm seeing a difference.</p>

<p>I will say that the photo in question was shot with very careful technique including tripod, MLU, and remote release and used a prime, but the resolution sure turned out quite well.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p>I think the 3 differences that mean the most to me are this:<br>

1. It's better at high ISO. 3200 is quite usable in the right conditions. That's a big step up.<br>

2. The bigger screen certainly helps identify better flaws or better photos<br>

3. Live View. I never thought I would like it, but it is a really blessing if you like using manual lenses. x10 magnification makes it so much easier to focus accurately - better than AF.<br>

This is not a direct answer to question about large prints, but the combination of these factors means you can take better photos at better resolution - and with the additional mega pixels this should be an iprovement.<br>

The video feature is also very good. I bought a Canon HD 30 video camera last year. I don't want to use it anymore because putting a fast, god prime on your 5D2 and shooting video yields far far nicer results</p>