Which city to go to?

raymond_simpson1

<p>I shoot B&W film architecture shots, I use a red filter a lot of the time to get the eerie look.</p>

<p>I'm going to Amsterdam in a few weeks where I hope to get a good few good shots. As soon as I get back I want to start saving for another city trip. Money is an issue as I'm a student so cheap is best really (budget airlines destinations in europe). I'm thinking of just jumping an early morning flight over and coming home on the last flight that day. So what are the best cities and why? I'm thinking Rome, Paris, Venice myself but am open to anything.</p>

<p>I live in the UK, has anybody got any recommendations of places in this country good for architecture photography too?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Bath for the sweeping regency architecture and stone colour, Ludlow for its marketplace, Birmingham for its Bull Ring and concert hall (I'm probably out of date on this city) and some of the northern cities (Sheffield, Newcastle) for their modern architecture.</p>

<p>Not sure where the budget airlines land in Europe, but Lyon is interesting for its old connected buildings and alleys in the old part, Carcasonne for its amazing fort, Honfleur for its old port and wooden cathedral.</p>

<p>I'd prefer Paris or Venice to the other candidates mentioned here, and of those Paris has the greater variety and is cheaper to get to and be in. </p>

<p>Are you familiar with the London Open House weekend in September, when lots of sites normally inaccessible to the public open up? <a href="http://www.openhouse.org.uk">www.openhouse.org.uk</a></p><div>00Sd8H-112811584.jpg.be6d7de40901dbc18cf9c7698203fafc.jpg</div>

<p>Not knowing how much time you plan on spending but I always start by looking for destinations serviced by the low cost airlines such as Ryan Air then once you see where you can fly cheaply based on your time frame you can research several of the areas before picking one.<br>

Good luck</p>