Heading for Point Pelee National Park in May: any pointers?

charedan

<p>Hi to all,<br>

Three friends and I are heading for Point Pelee National Park from the 11th to 15th of May.<br>

Our hotel reservations have been confirmed, there were only week day reservation available.<br>

Any of you fellow bird photographers have any pointers for us? Like clothes, preferred hot spots for photography or for good dinning?<br>

Anything really. </p>

<p>Thanks in advance for your responses. Dan</p>

<p>Dan: sorry, I am of no help as I was wondering what responses you would get. My last visit there was 1980 I believe.</p>

<p>The concentration of birds was absolutely amazing, but it all depends on the weather. If there is a Bermuda high off the East Coast with southerly winds and a clear sky, the birding and thus photography may be poor.</p>

<p>If there is a warm front with heavy, moist air, the birds are almost unimaginable. Hopefully, you will have a flash and long lens since the best conditions to do photography may take place under poor lighting.</p>

<p>I would check and see if there is a park website and if there are any photography restrictions.</p>

<p>When I was there, the birds were amazing, but it was very, very crowded, and I have no desire to return because of that.</p>

<p>Yes it will be crowded, but with birders, who tend to be mild polite people. The good news is that you have thousands of eyes out there who are eager to share with each other where the best sightings are. There will be lots of photographers there, many with 600mm lenses and they are mostly friendly people who like to share their technique. You are sure to have a good time. The only uncertainty is the birds may not be aware of your schedule. Seriously, you have chosen a time when odds are there will be a lot of beautiful warblers.</p>

<p>Yes it will be crowded, but with birders, who tend to be mild polite people. The good news is that you have thousands of eyes out there who are eager to share with each other where the best sightings are. There will be lots of photographers there, many with 600mm lenses and they are mostly friendly people who like to share their technique. You are sure to have a good time. The only uncertainty is the birds may not be aware of your schedule. Seriously, you have chosen a time when odds are there will be a lot of beautiful warblers.</p>

<p>"Yes it will be crowded, but with birders, who tend to be mild polite people. The good news is that you have thousands of eyes out there who are eager to share with each other where the best sightings are."<br>

This as been my experience wherever I've been so far. <br>

"you have chosen a time when odds are there will be a lot of beautiful warblers."<br>

That's exactly what we were expecting. Thanks for the encouraging comments.</p>