Nikon 50mm f/1.8D & D90

frankie_frank1

<p>Hi Frankie,<br>

Just received my 50mm 1.8d copy this weekend and I think I'll leave it on the d90 for a very long time, it's a gem! Fit's like a glove.<br>

Make sure you align the white dots on the lens & body and then turn counterclockwise (with the 3in lcd pointing to your body).<br /> Enjoy!<br>

Cheers,<br /> Gert</p>

<p>as others have said, it is definitely "physically compatible", but you are evidently experiencing some difficulty. the first thing is, don't force it. it may be a little stiffer than the kit lens, but should not require much physical force. if you line up the dots and turn in the proper direction, it should smoothly click into place.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>" It goes it, but it is much tighter than ..."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>FWIW, many copies of this lens are much tighter to mount than just about any other Nikon F-mount lens ever made, be it a plastic or metal bayonet mount. Don't exactly know why that is (sloppy Chinese manufacturing tolerances?), but this is a very common complaint with the 50/1.8D. So what you are experiencing is completely normal.</p>

I have the same combination. No problem mounting the lens. But I suspect I'm getting a bad copy. Can anyone comment?

In the picture below, I focused on the price tag, but the plants closer to the camera appear sharper. Exposed at f/2.2

1/640s ISO 200.<div>00SeWD-113249684.jpg.9c3eb35b628c3c217579e7944a05ea7d.jpg</div>