Schneider Optik Lenses

jim_gorum

<p>Hi - I found 2 Schneider-Kreuznach in their box's that I have had tucked away for years. Trying to clean out unused stuff. They are (1) Schneider-Kreuznach 10 923 189 Repro-Claron 1:8/135 and a (2) Schneider-Kreuznach 11 527 043 Componon 1:5,6/105. I have the box's for these, but, no instructions, ect. Both seem to work, no grinding, very smooth and no marks. Have been stored in their box's, wrapped and in a cool area.<br>

I have no idea where to even begin so I registered on your site as I am new to photography and have read your site numerous times in regards to info for my D 70 Nikon and len's that I have purchased for it. Appreciated all the info and help and thought I would turn to your site for more help.<br>

If anyone is interested in these feel free to email me or could someone kindly tell me where I might go to sell these and any idea what they may be worth. Thanks, Jim</p>

<p>Hi Jim, <br>

These are good, but not any special Schneider lenses. The Repro-Claron is for close ups. It was mainly used in professional printing houses for reproduction photos. It is usually a sharp lens. The Componon is to be used in an enlarger ( for 6x9 cm format ) . It was the most widely used enlarging lens for larger format films. It is also a sharp lens.<br>

Both of them are quite common. Their value are higher for those who want to use them , then for camera collectors .<br>

I hope it helps. <br>

Best regards <br>

Peter Fath </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Jim,</p>

<p>The Repro Claron is a four element all air spaced, apochromatic lens that only cover about 35 to 40 degrees. It is a superb lens for copy work, macro work, conventional studio distance shooting.</p>

<p>The Componon is a 6 element plasmat style enlarging lens. Some of them have been used with shutters studio use. The 105mm was designed for use with a 2.25x 3.25 format film. </p>

<p>The value would be anybody's guess since there isn't much business in film any more.</p>

<p>Schneider was the name for Hans Joseph Schneider the elder, company founder, I believe that he still has a great grandchild in the company. Kreuznach is for the town name, Bad Kreuznach, a beutiful town on the Rhine river.</p>

<p>Lynn </p>

<p>Lynn </p>