Picture control files for D700

charles_o_allen

<p>I am trying to load the optionial picture controls from Nikon to my D700 but I cannot get the camera to recognize the files. I download the .nop files copied them to the C/F card and included the nikon001.dsc file and the DICM folder. The camera continues to read no picture control files detected when I select load to the camera. I have searched the Nikon site for help but so far found nothing that helps. Please help me by directing me to the right place for instructions on how to do this. BTW I have no problem installing updates following Nikon's instructions so I must be missing one step somewhere along the line. Thank You</p>

<p>Tough for me to tell from you post if the files were in the folder or not. If they were, I'm out of ideas so don't bother reading anymore! <br>

I did this a couple months ago and I had the same problem initially, until I re-read the directions (I have to learn the hard way most times). I had missed that the files must be loaded onto the card inside the folder created when you download from the Nikon site. If you just put the individual files on to your CF card, it will not recognize them. Stragely enough, this is not the case for a firm ware update...it just sees them automatically, no folder required!?<br>

If you use CNX2, you can download them for use in that program as well. Since I mostly shoot raw, this is how I tend to use them. The "portrait" picture control does seem to do a very good job with skin tones in most standard lighting. If you shoot a lot of jpeg files however, then they could be handy to get into your camera.</p>