5DII ordering from B& H

arthur_reyes1

<p>I know the 5DII is in top demand. I just called B&H and tried to place the order over the phone hoping that once they got some in stock they would process and ship. The guy I spoke with said they can't do that. How have most folks been getting their's from B&H? Do I have to check the website constantly and wait until the status says accepting orders?<br>

I've purchased almost all my camera stuff from B&H in the past and would prefer to give them my business.</p>

<p>I know they are now available in Canada as the camera store in Calgary has them on display (they got through their wait list) I suspect B&H will have them soon but they should tell you how long their list is and approx how many per week they get in since you are a good customer. When I looke at pre-ordering from Adorama their customer service told me the approximate size of their waiting list (this was back in October).</p>

<p>The answer to the question that you asked is yes - you just keep checking in. B/H chooses to use a "sell what you have" policy rather than making lists and giving people hope that they will be getting something soon when they could be months behind...<br>

I personally like this policy</p>

<p>If it says "backordered" the software will let you order it. If it says "out of stock," I presume you can't order it.</p>

<p>So, if it says "backorder" just order it. Give your credit card number, fill in the required info. The card won't be charged until the camera is shipped. I backordered the camera and it was shipped in two days. I presume B&H fills the orders they have before notifying anyone else of availability. Backordering it is the fastest way to get it.</p>

<p>Our phone sales associates use our point-of-sale database. If an item's in stock, there's no problem. If it's not in stock, the buyer has the option to code it so we can take a back-order or so the item's blocked from back-orders. The buyer will block the item if he's not confident he knows when we'll get or how many in our next shipment or if he knows the number coming will be consumed by existing back orders.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /> <strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

<p>PS Arthur - I found your order and bumped your shipping a notch. It isn't much, but I don't know how long you can sustain the excitement level safely. :-)</p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p><em>One of the reasons I order almost exclusively from B&H is because of your online presence, Henry. That, and B&H has almost always met or exceeded my expectations. B&H is the first place I check. Kudos on the great all around service.</em></p>

<p>Thank you! I'm very flattered.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /> <strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Henry,<br>

I just saw that 5D MKII status said in stock so I added to cart and entered my CC information, but when I pressed the "place order" I got an error message and it was removed from my cart and went out of stock immediately after. Is this a computer glitch or is it that it literally went out of stock through the checkout process?</p>

<p>Arash:<br /> I'm sorry about this. I'd have to check the web logs, but it's quite possible (particularly with a limited-quantity super-hot item like this) that the web site would give the camera to the first person who submitted a completed order.<br>

Henry Posner<br /> <strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Henry,<br>

I just called this afternoon and was able to place a pre-order! I am so excited now, I have been waiting for over three months to get this body watching B&H website on a daily bais, I have missed a few oppertunities when it briefely came in stock. Looks like you there is record demand for this body, some other vendors have it but I purchase camera equipment only from B&H so my choices are always limited to what B&H has in stock. Hope I it arrives soon :) </p>

<p> </p>