Epson 7880 startup problems

<p>I am having trouble with my Epson 7880 when I first turn it on. I would say that 8 times out of 10, it does not start up correctly. When everything is working OK, it takes the printer probably less than a minute to warm up and get ready to print from the time the power button is pressed. However, most of the time it just gets stuck in the "please wait" phase, and the only thing that can be done at that point is turning it off by pressing the power button again. Resetting doesn't help - it then gets stuck in the "resetting - please wait" phase. It makes noise and parts are moving inside, but it seems to be going in cycles and doesn't get anywhere.</p>

<p>Has anyone else had the same problem? If so, how did you resolve it?</p>

<p>Hi Wojtek,</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply! Let's hope that you are correct... However, the way the printer is acting still seems odd. Several times I've waited for at least a full five minutes and it didn't progress beyond the "please wait" stage. Is the cleaning process supposed to take that long? Also, is cleaning the printer head the same as the nozzle check? Once in a while when I turn the printer on it asks me if I want to run the nozzle check. So far I've always said "no" because I heard that this procedure wastes a lot of ink, and the prints seem fine without it.</p>

<p>I've only had mine for a couple of months, so not sure about all those functions. Once you turn it on let do what it wants, it should't take more then 5 min. Mine asked me today if I want the nozzle check after not using it for about a week.I pressed no and it printed ok. I guess we'll have to learn as we go. I use the 3800 for most stuff and the 7880 only for posters, so I don't use it that much.<br>

Cheers, Wojtek</p>