Wide Lens

rubens_t_vora

<p>Dear,<br>

I decided trade a Tokina AT-X 80-400mm (LN) to a wide angle. Nikon Mount (D2H).<br>

I am afford to the range of U$ 600 to 800. Questions:<br>

My pupose is nature and architecture photography. Don't need fast lens, but excellent optics. No restrictions over zoom or fixed lens.<br>

a) What lens to puchase, taking is advanced that I will upgrade to a FX - D700 in near future?<br>

I saw some review over:<br>

Nikon <strong>12</strong>-<strong>24mm</strong> F/4 g Ed-if Af-s Dx , <br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/nikon--nikkor-aps-c-lens-tests/310-sigma-af-12-24mm-f45-56-ex-hsm-dg-lab-test-report--review">Sigma AF 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX HSM DG</a> </p>

<p>Thanks for help, Rubens</p>

<p>Hi Rubens,<br>

Nikon <strong>12</strong>-<strong>24mm</strong> F/4 g Ed-if Af-s Dx will be an excellent choice and yes its a bit pricey, I myself have Sigma 10-20mm HSM EX DC lens paid about $640Can two years ago and love it. You should ckeck it out.</p>

<p>If you think you might upgrade to FX, I think a good option is the Tokina 11-16 2.8.... because it works on FX (in FX mode) at 15 & 16mm. Probably the sharpness in the corners is not spectacular, but your wide DX lens, which is almost a prime anyway, just got even wider on FX. Not bad! Other DX wides also work on FX at their longer focal lengths, but to me the Tokina is the most attractive.</p>