D40 Battery Grip

eric_francis1

<p>So, I got the Targus Pro Battery grip for my Nikon D40. Its great, but as I knew, the camera, with the grip on the bottom, forces the camera to lean foward when a lens is attached. This is probably a super dumb question, but I just want to make sure, is it ok to have the camera resting on the battery grip and lens? Will this damage the lens or camera?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Well, you CAN lay it on its back, but you risk scratching up the rear display. And it's not such a good habit unless you religiously keep your lenscap in place. Truly, I wouldn't sweat just letting it rest on the base of the grip, tipped forward a bit. I only mentioned the plastic mount because it's going to be a bit more fragile when the camera takes a substantial shock - it's not going to have any problem just sitting there, with its center of gravity just a bit forward like that. Really. Don't worry about it. You just want to minimize the lumps and bumps (which is a good habit regardless). </p>

<p>Ok Matt, so I can let it sit leaning on the lens every if it has a plastic mount and even over a long period of time doing that (for example like every day for a year) is not going to weaken or break the mounts? Sorry I'm being so anal about this. With the economy so bad, I don't want to pay to fix things (when I get spending money for luxuries , I want to spend it on <i>new </i>gear).</p>

<p>Thanks </p>