An Amazing Beauty!

<p>The big bay auction site has some 21 page manuals (original or reproduced) for some Beauty cameras (f2 and f2.8 lens equipped models). Not sure they would be of interest, but there will no doubt be a lot more interest for this camera, even though the fine images of Louis will be even harder to realize than finding the camera.</p>

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

<p>I too have a Beauty Super II and it has the 45mm 2.8 Canter lens. In excellent condition it cost me the grand sum of £20 and what a superbly engineered camera it is.<br>

I agree with Louis Meluso this is a Classic camera and worthy of the superlative 'A Beauty'</p>

<p>Chris Ingram. England</p>

• 5 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I just picked up a Beauty Super II F2 that I won at a local auction today. Seeing your pictures convinced me to bid on it.

It was in the original box, along with the original lens cap and instruction manual. Serial Number K3882. It was super clean, with a clear fungus-free lens. Almost a museum-quality specimen.

At first, the shutter would fire at a pretty high speed no matter what it was set at. With trial and error, I found that if I wait a few seconds after cocking the shutter, all shutter speeds were fairly accurate.

I'll be taking it up to Acadia N.P. in a week to give it a test.

• Like 1

At first, the shutter would fire at a pretty high speed no matter what it was set at. With trial and error, I found that if I wait a few seconds after cocking the shutter, all shutter speeds were fairly accurate.

That's the timing gear-train taking its time to wind up. It may work looser with use, or it may be too gunked up with dirt and old lubricant to ever get fully back on its feet without a CLA.

Take another and more reliable camera on your trip as well!