jose_angel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Thank you Lil! Don't you miss all that snow? :)<br>

APURVA... Very interesting and original shot!<br>

ANDY!???? That is scary! :)<br>

ROBERT BODY.... Just beautiful! The pano crop was the way to go but its just a bit too tight!<br>

ERIC... quiet the opposite! The temperature raised and hell broke loose! When it is really chilly it doesn't snow much!</p>

<p>I did a menu for a burger restaurant here in Taipei called KGB or Kiwi Gourmet Burgers.<br>

Yes, they are from NZ, lol.</p>

<p>It turned out pretty well. For each item, i supplied a few white bg photos, as well as a nice one of the item sitting in the restaurant surrounded by boke from my 55mm 1.2. :)</p><div>00SVQh-110559584.jpg.d7736c55e168db2dc6f50c410279cbab.jpg</div>

<p>Bernie - I have a few Doves that have been living around my house, which is quite a challenge for them since I also have two boxers that would catch them if given the chance. Note in my comments that it was a 100% crop, most of the shot was tree branches, which I cut away for this post. The full picture wasn't too impressive. Maybe someday I'll have a bigger zoom lens like the other folks shooting birds here.</p>

<p>Rene' - I love snow - - to visit & in small proportions. None of this cold, wet, & dark for months on end when people turn green from lack of sun. That I don't like.<br>

Hamish, Norway, Sweden & Finland have some amazing snowy expanses - - got to love them. :-)<br>

The great shots just keep coming in this weeks thread. :-)<br>

Wonderful</p>

<p>Lil :-)</p>

<p>Eric - if you've ever visited Thailand you'll know its that whole wonderful country which is set to vivid!!</p>

<p>(More seriously yes I did change to vivid in NX2 but only to replicate the almost irridescent greens that I remembered from being at the scene - it really was something, and I downright ordered our minibus driver to stop as I was not going to let us go past that amazing field without taking a few images of it!)</p>

<p>So many beautiful pictures, as usual. Hamish's and Richard's winter scenes are wonderful. Matthew's Victoria image looks like it's from another planet. And I love in jf's the justaposition of the elegant sepia tones and violent action.</p>

<p>Wish I had something to contribute. I had hopes for awhile. A little (4mm or so) spider appeared on the bathroom wall Tuesday night. He waited patiently while I got my camera, fitted the macro lens and flash, and took a dozen shots. But when I saw his ugly, hairy mug magnified about 50 times on the screen, it was just too creepy for words, and I had to delete everything. Hats off to all the photographic arachnologists out there who see beauty in these little monsters.</p>

• 4 years later...
<p>Should have set saturation to +3 and selected VIVID, then the digits would have had some glorious color. Or waited for the light to go red, purple etc. See Ken Rockwell on how to get real colors out of digits. The composition is pleasing, but without some glamour-color, it becomes boring.</p>