about time!)<p>

Some new features, a better look and feel, and also a faster and

more reliable server are the result. Should you so desire please

take a look.<p>

Regards,<p>

Richard Sintchak<br>

The Fuji Rangefinder Pages<br>

<a href="http://www.fujirangefinder.com">www.fujirangefinder.com</a>

Laurent, thanks for commenting back. I'm afraid the content management system I am using does not support the older Netscape browsers. Some of the technology of that version of Netscape is over 4-5 years old and although I wish it could there are some features that make it too much trouble by my CMS vendors to support it. The new version of Netscape has been de-bugged quite well from it's original release as 6.0, now being version 6.2. Perhaps you might consider upgrading your Netscape? Or if not you might consider some of the others the site works fine with such as IE 5 or 6, Mozilla 1.0 and Opera. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand that Bob. Is there a specific reason you do not want to upgrade to 6.2 (or Mozilla 1.0)? The vendor of my content management system says they do feel it is worthwhile (time- or cost-effective) to continue to support a browser version that is used by such a small and shriking population of users (some of the latest surveys show it at less than 4% and shrinking fast). Seems the 4.x versions do not follow certain basic and widespread-used CSS commands and to create "templates" that will allow perfect use of 4.x Netscape sacrifices a lot of features and usage other browsers display with ease. <p>Again, sorry for the inconvenice and that you'll be skipping the site.

• 10 months later...

I assume your site was originally intended as a posting forum of images done with the Fuji rangefinder cameras using 120 film. It is now (at least since my last look) preponderantly full of images done with the X-pan. Perhaps you should start another site for wide-angle 35mm enthusiasts. No sour grapes here, just an observation. You do have a nice site, but I think its purpose has gotten sidetracked. Is every rangefinder ever made that has a Fuji lens fair game for posting?

Shall we now post 5X7 chromes done with a 57 Linhof (coupled rangefinder of course!)fitted with a Fuji 210mm?

And, as others have said, your site could be little more user friendly.

No, I am not perfect.

Hi Brad, thanks for your comments.<p>

<i>"You do have a nice site, but I think its purpose has gotten sidetracked. Is every rangefinder ever made that has a Fuji lens fair game for posting?"</i><p>

Well, when I started the site a few years back, yes, the intent was mostly for 120 Fuji rangefinders, myself at the time an enthusiatic new owner of a GW690III. But at that time few people owned scanners capable of scanning MF chromes/negs. The Xpan/TX-1 came out soon after a few people emailed me asking if they could post there since the TX-1 is in essence a Fuji rangefinder. Not being a strict stick in the mud nor being overly strict on my idea for the site in the first place I said yes. And others have not seemed to mind either. Now lately, with better flatbed scanners for both long 35mm and MF the number of postings per week have indeed gone up dramatically, and it also appears the Xpan/TX-1 has seen an increase in popularity as well. One interesting thing I've noted is many who have emailed about their XPans also have a Fuji MF rangefinder and bought the Xpan because of the Fuji optics.<p>

<i>"Shall we now post 5X7 chromes done with a 57 Linhof (coupled rangefinder of course!)fitted with a Fuji 210mm? </i><p>

If you wanted to, why not? Like I said, I'm not that overly strict. Fuji optics being the thread of similarity. The site is for sharing and fun. I think others would be interested in seeing such images too. The Fuji line of MF rangefinders, being very broad in the type of models and lines through the years, has created a varying group of enthusiasts using many different Fuji cameras and optics and does not seem to have created any kind of "purist" attitude that I can detect. Now, if Leica developed lenses for LF cameras I can see some not wanting to "pollute" a Leica 35mm RF site with those kind of images! But my site is more casual than that. (Nothing against Leica users! But you guys are a very distinct type, no? :-) That said, I have my mind on an M3 or M6 one day.)<p>

<i>"And, as others have said, your site could be little more user friendly. </i><p>

Perhaps. You are the second person in over 3 years to say this. ;-)<p>