which camera

etienne micallef

<p>

<p >Dear all,</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I have been doing underwater photography for some months. I am thinking of upgrading. Well I have a dilemma, What type of system is the best. Ie shall I get a Sea and SEA DX1G? a seal ife camera?, or go for a housing for my 450D. The sea life and sea and sea allow you to change lenses underwater. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Please advise.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Etienne</p>

</p>

<p>You will have by far better options if you house the 450D. The Sea and Sea is a nice housing as is the Ikelite, and by going that route you have a natural upgrade path since the ports and strobes for the 450 D housing will be useful if you upgrade cameras. Wetpixel is a good recommendation. To see some pics from housed Canon cameras go to<br>

www.blueviews.net<br>

thanks<br>

Bill</p>

<p>Etienne, I was just in Guam and there were two of them on the boat I was on. The camera and housing seem very rugged and well designed and Sea & Sea has a good reputation. If that is the camera you want I am sure you will be happy with it. I shoot with D2X in an Aquatica Housing and have shot high end housed equipment now for ten years along with Nikonos for 19 years back when film was the thing. Some of the images that come out of point and shoot systems blow me away and are frankly not acheivable with DSLRs. Shooting macro with a short focal length point and shoot lens offers much better depth of field than 60, 105 or 200mm lenses on a DSLR though image quality suffers at times at high ISOs. I am sure that you will not feel compromised with the Sea & Sea. I am just a traditionalist but occasionally I price out a P&S system thinking it would be fun to have. I would really like a Canon G10. Good luck Andy</p>

<p>Thank you Edward for your comments. I have at themonet a nimar housing for a 300D and its ok. But i am not that happy with the housing. What i like in the Sea and Sea Dx1g is the abilty to change lens underwater. Also size . its hoots raw, F stop is good somewhere around 2.5 and can do manual focus etc. its does bracketing etc.</p>

<p>I have a 40d but i dont like the idea to use it for diving!</p>

<p>Etienne</p><div>00SV0Z-110437584.jpg.11bcb27dfab5771d595576b6459ab8c8.jpg</div>

• 2 years later...

<p>Nimar housing is very impressive, i think. I've used for over 25 years now. My name is Shir btw.<br /> I feel like I made a good decision choosing Nimar. I have never used Ikelite so I can't talk bobo. But Nimar is very durable, I don't know how many times I've dropped it :/ and plus, I find the clear casing a plus.</p>