New Models

louisa_edwards

<p>I think there will be new models. Whether they're coming in spring, summer, or fall (and when they'll actually be available in stores) I can't say. What is fairly certain is that the new models will initially be priced higher than the comparable outgoing models.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Of course you have cost Pentax money, but have saved me some :)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Javier, why don't you meet me half way and fund half of my K30D purchase? That way everyone wins :-D</p>

<p>Regarding Louisa's question, I do think they will announce a new camera (maybe two?), but like Andrew, I'm not so sure it will be immediately available. However, I would speculate that there could be a K20D successor available soon given that it's the K20D that has the rebate, and not the K200D. However, "soon" is a word that can have many different meanings in Pentaxian. Sometimes it means "1 month", sometimes "2 years", but most often just something in between.</p>

<p>We're a patient lot, we Pentaxians...</p>

<p>Well with my luck, the K30D will come out just when the 15mm DA hits the shelves.</p>

<p>I'm not a shoe in to buy the K30D but I'm assuming Pentax might address a few of my meager request, and as such, I'd skip the K20D, and go straight K30D. Or if they don't, I'd a K20D for me!</p>

<p>Of course, other than the K10D and the 50-135mm, I've never bought a product at introduction price. Both those were TOOOOOOO good to pass up, and I have no regrets on either. It isn't however, something i make a habit of doing! <br /> <br /> $100 rebate at $690 = $590....damn, really close to what my goal price is!</p>

<p>Just as an FYI, Amazon currently list the K20D for $699.99 (I assume) before rebate.</p>

<p>Miserere, don't tell Lindy, he's actually been happy, and I believe his marriage is on pace for the best 10 years ever since getting his wife that K20D!!</p>

<p>Of course he knew it would drop more, just unlike the K10D he bought it when it hit his set price!</p>