Rollei 6008 fuse blowing

bob_pack

<p>I just received a Rollei 6008 Professional that I purchased used. If I shoot in continuous shooting mode (to test the camera) it pops the fuse after about 5-6 shots. <br>

Did I get a lemon? <br>

I am new to this camera so perhaps there is some other issue I should explore before talking with the seller. Or, perhaps this a normal quirk as the spare fuse somewhat implies.<br>

Many thanks in advance.<br>

Bob</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Robert,<br>

Check the fuse rating. The 6000 series - beginning with the SLX - used different fuses. The models through the 6006 used the lowest rated fuse (.8 amp); the latter models the highest (1.25 amp). I think the your 6008 used a 1.0 amp rated fuse. The other fuse parameter, a measure of how quickly it will respond, has the affect of either immediately blowing or blowing after a brief moment at its max rating. I think the 6000 uses slow-blow fuses but .... double-check the manual.<br>

Also, make sure the magazine or film path doesn't place too great a load on the motor. The fuse protects the motor if the load grows excessive.<br>

And ... wait for some of the other more knowledgeable respondents to reply to your post.<br>

Joe </p>

<p>Frank and Joe,<br>

Thank you for your replies. The camera is ok. I made the mistake of assuming that the roll of film the seller left in the camera was ok to use for testing the film advance mechanism, but it wasn't. It was for some reason taped in the middle of the roll causing a jam. So the camera fuse did what it was supposed to.<br>

I shot a fresh roll today without any problems. The 6008 is a great camera and I'll be having alot of fun with it.</p>

<p>Bob</p>