Full-frame standard zoom with IS

songtsen

<p>it's not odd - the average "pro" shooter uses a lens that is 2.8 or faster (primes for the faster) and while I may like to see a 24-70 2.8 (I'd really like to see a 20 - 70 or 24 - 85 2.8) with IS I DO NOT want to pay the extra 400 - 500 dollars that canon has tacked on to the other L zooms with IS<br>

The 2.8 and faster glass at the range simly doesnt <em>NEED</em> the IS - it justs wants it...lol<br>

JC</p>

<p><em>Seems a bit odd that there are at least twice as many choices on 1.6x crop...</em><br>

Until very recently, FF digital cameras were few and used mainly by the folks who knew that image stabilization (even on superteles) falls into the "nice to have" category. Yeah, it would be nice to have a few more stabilzed lenses for FF but think about the whining that "non-IS 24-70 L was $1100 and the IS version is $1700..." In-body IS? Well, after looking through the VF of one such SLR I must say no, thanx!</p>

<p>28-135 f/2.8L would be too big. I would rather have a 24-80 f/2.8L IS. Still be quite large though.</p>

<p>I don't think I'm moving to full frame until I see IS in a normal range f/2.8 zoom. The 17-55 f/2.8 IS has me spoiled and is too good to leave behind without something to move to.</p>

<p>Wouldn't it be great for Canon to build a 28-135 f2.8L. I think they would sell like hotcakes and would seal the deal for canon as a system. Wishing, Bill</p>

<p>Well, you would have significant added weight over the 24-70 (for the extra length and the IS). I think it would be bulky has all hell and cost probably $1000 more than the existing 24-70. I rather take two lenses (24-70 and 70-200) over a very heavy 28-135. The nice thing about the two lens setup, you don't have to walk around with the 70-200 hanging off you neck, just pull it out when you need it.</p>