Syncing a canon 580 EX II with a Canon 5D

lior_zilberstein

<p>Hello Canon people<br>

<strong><br /> </strong><br>

<strong>I have a canon 5D and a canon 580 EX II speed light.</strong><br>

I want to synch the speedlight off the camera. What options do i have and what accessories will i need.<br>

I think there are several options to achieve that and would be happy to hear about all of them...<br>

Thanks you very much</p>

<p>Doov</p>

<p>Lior,<br /> You have a few options to achieve this depending on how much you want to spend, how far you want the speedlite from the body and if you want to retain ETTL<br>

<br /> For a quick and dirty, you can attach a cable with 2 PC ports to go from the PC sync on the camera to the pc sync on the flash. This leaves you with No ETTL though.<br>

<br /> A bit pricier is going with a wireless system like Pocketwizards/Skyports/Cactus triggers which you will not have ETTL as well.<br>

<br /> If you want to preserve ETTL, you can to go with something like the Canon ST-E2 which goes on the hotshoe and will remotely trigger your flash.<br>

<br /> Good luck! off flash shooting is a whole other side of photography. You should check out strobist.com if you haven't already for off camera flash info.</p>