Album Design Software

mgk1966

<p>Does anybody have any good software to make coffee table books through Asuka or the like? Something relatively easy to use with preset templates for different layering and blending and so forth? I'm envisioning something where I can drag and drop right into a window. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>FotoFusion is a great software for that.<br>

You can easily create frames and templates then just drag and drop.<br>

It's really easy and cool.<br>

go to their website www.lumapix.com/index.shtml to find more info and you can check it out for yourself with fully working demo version.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>FotoFusion will also work well on a Mac with a Windows virtual machine using VMware Fusion.</p>

<p>Also take a look at Pixel Creator Pro. Although it does not do anything that cannot be created manually in Photoshop with some knowledge of masking layers, it speeds up workflow considerably.</p>

<p>I also use FotoFusion for album design. Quirky interface that really works well when you get the hang of it.</p>

<p>I read somewhere that LumaPix has a Mac version of FotoFusion in the works. I don't see anything on their website though. Anyone know? Was I just having a bad dream?</p>

<p>BC, I looked at PhotoJunction and thought it was quite decent for a free album layout tool. But I can't find a way to adjust a photo's color or exposure with it. It looks like you have to return to Photoshop to do those things. Same with image rotation to straighten an horizon, etc. You can rotate the frame/window/aperture, but not just the image within it. I guess the idea is to get the images the way you want them before firing up PJ. If I'm wrong, and just didn't see the tools to do those things, please let me know what I'm missing.</p>

<p>With PhotoFusion you can do these things really quick, but LumaPix charges for PhotoFusion. I have the enhanced version ($100) but it is limited to doing 13x19" prints/pages, so a 10x10" double page spread needs some convoluted work arounds to get the output you want. The unlimited version can do it, but it costs more than I wanted to spend. I still may do it though. It is really slick software that does a l ot more than just album layouts.</p>

<p>Mats, I took a quick look, and it appears that Jorgensen Album Design can be used only with the Jorgesen Album company. That's fine if you want to work with them as your exclusive supplier, but not if you want to use someone else to print books. I didn't get any farther than that in checking out their software though.</p>