Tokina 28-80, is it internal zoom? and is $150 for a used D70

devin_toner1

<p>Hello, <br /> <br /> I am wondering if the Tokina 28-80mm f/2.8 is internal zoom... i can't tell from photos.<br /> <br /> Also, I recently sent my D70s to Adorama to get a quote.<br>

the quote was $150 <br /> <br /> details on the camera...<br /> <br /> 27,000 shutter clicks, no marks, dents, or scratches. nothing wrong with it. does that seem a bit low to you guys? i was hoping for like $250... <br /> <br /> thanks,<br>

devin</p>

<p>Hi Devin! <br>

I think it is really sad but when you sell your camera to a store, the store will pay you around half of what they can sell it for. <br>

If they are offering you 150 USD that means they will try to sell it for around 300 USD. To me that sounds like a generous offer from Adorama. Think about it, you were thinking 250 USD, but if you were buying it, would you pay 500 USD for it?<br>

If you wanna get the most for it, you should try to sell it yourself, to a friend or on the net. that way you might be able to get more for it. Good luck!</p>

<p>Devin<br />the 28-80 f2.8 Tokina neither extends while zooming nor rotates while focusing. I recently sold mine after comparing it for some time with the Nikkor 28-70mm.<br />In the end, there was nothing between them, but the Nikon won out simply because of the brand and a slightly loose 'aperture ring lock' on the Tokina.<br />Make sure you get to handle the copy you are buying before you part with your cash though, there are lots of stories about soft versions on the web.</p>

<p>I think they are being fair, but were it me, I'd just hold onto it. I find plenty of uses for mine, although the best is using it to teach my 10 year old daughter photography. Same for several of my lenses that are twice her age. I really love how simple the D70s is, not to mention that its battery literally lasts forever. </p>

<p>Yeah i decided to hang onto it, it was my first camera (i used my parents point and shoot for a while before i paid for my own camera after a year of chores... i'm 15). it was very hard to even consider selling it, but i think i will still find good use for it, such as long exposures... i'm too lazy to buy the D300 cable release. </p>