BEIJING C41 4x5 Processing?

darn_thorn1

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I urgently need to source a reliable lab to process 4x5 colour neg, in Beijing.</p>

<p>I've found one lab called Jai Yi in the Sanlitun area, they're really friendly but their turnaround is 5 days. I'm assuming they send their LF Film to another lab.</p>

<p>I need a lab that can give me a faster turnaround!</p>

<p>Darn Thorn</p>

<p>I guess i'm an expert on this so......<br>

I used to use a lab in sanlitun south street, a fuji branded lab... untill recently that is. The negs looked fine but when it can to scanning they were incredibly dirty. Either their washing was not adequate enough or they were filing the negs when they were still slightly damp. <br>

The no. place is probably Today photo which is located near beijing west railway station (come out of the entrance and take the road leading north and away from the station to the left of the station and its about 50m on your right is a glass building. very professional and something around 20 rmb per roll.<br>

next is near meishuguan the nation chinese art museum at the north end of wangfujing the main shopping street. its a kodak shop and is located in the side road that is opposite the east exit from the museum and about 20m north of it. again around 20rmb but no contact sheet included but can do 6hr processing.<br>

The other place which I have just started using but have heard great things about is a shop located in the west of Beijing, but which have a collection every day at 10am from the photography studios of the central academy of fine arts (CAFA) locaed in wang jing near dashanzi 798. They charge 5rmb for reel proccesing and 12rmb for dip and dunk. I collect my first negs there on friday. but they have a 24hr turn around if no contact sheet is required.<br>

Depends on where you are located as Beijing is all about the traffic and time costs.<br>

my website is here <a href="http://www.nathanielmcmahon.com">www.nathanielmcmahon.com</a> here you can find my email and telephone number, feel free to call I would be glad to help as the instructions may not be that clear.</p>

<p>Darn, in this thread I once answered and specified the address of the photoshop, which Evan gave. They can develop your film and delivery time is normally one day, even less. You can get your film developed in the same day, if you leave it in the morning. Quality is as perfect as with automated machines can provide. They don't develop B&W. only E6 and C41, of course B&W in C41. The price is the same as of one roll of 120 or 135.<br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00ECWr">http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00ECWr</a><br>

Another place is, or at least was sometime ago, China Photo Service in Xuanwumen, just south from the subway station, next buiding behind a small park. The company belongs to Xinghua news agency and is well appreciated by many professionals. They develop also B&W.</p>