Daughter Shooting Dad

vegard_nervik

<p>My daughter of 5, Ida, is becoming an enthusiastic photographer after getting her hands on my old Nikon Coolpix 990. When we go somewhere she usually likes to bring her camera with. The other night we were playing around taking pictures of each other taking pictures. </p>

<p>First composing the picture. Its not so easy because she still struggles reaching the shutter release button while holding the camera...</p><div>00S04q-103435584.jpg.bb499c5662847875bb1f5976f3886311.jpg</div>

<p>Thank's Haig<br>

I like the Coolpix 990, and the image quality that camera produces is still today very very good. As far as I remember it is 2.something megapixels, but I can still print nice A4 from it. Using the top quality setting it save TIFF files :-) I prefer it vastly over some later Point and Shoots I got (megapixel bombs on fingernail sensors). </p>

<p>She has a sense for composition and I am trying to teach her different things slowly step-by-step. Then we'll see if she still likes it when she gets older. It is actually fun to see the pictures, because she has the oddest compositions and subjects sometimes. Just takes you into the world of what a little girl thinks is interesting. Barbie posters photographed on the floor, and if a sister gets a tiny, but bloody, scratch she is close-up on documenting the "terrible" pain.</p>