Grain sometimes bad, othertimes good

<p>Hi all,<br>

I'm working on 120 Black and White scans that are not very grainy. Some of the scans were done on my cheap Epson 4490, but most on the Imacons.</p>

<p>Strange thing is, when I work on the image in photoshop, and then caption in Photomechanic, I can't see the grain very easily (a good, normal thing) but then in some programs, like Mail (on a mac) and IViewMediaPro, I can, and it is totally over pronounced. Have any of you seen this?</p>

<p>Ash</p><div>00RzwS-103353784.thumb.jpg.81314f41795051840940e4201f809a97.jpg</div>

<p>I think what you're seeing is aliasing from programs that are using poor image resizing routines to take an image that is too large for the web and show it for display. Solution- output web jpegs in sRGB color space that are 700 pixels wide or less so the browser doesn't have to resize it for you.<br>

The image should look the same at 100% (zoomed in) no matter where you view it.<br /> <br /> The image looks fine for me using Firefox.</p>

<p>Ah, thank you all!<br>

Roger, perhaps, and most likely you're right, because I've never received any notes to say there are problems from clients. The film is TXP 120 rated at 320, processed in HC-110, 1:9.<br>

Thanks for your help!</p>