<p> I'm not quite sure that I understand the question.... :(<br>

Do you mean that you resized the final, tone mapped image that you got from Photomatix and the bottom portion of the resized picture came out lighter (Brighter? Less color saturation?) than the original?<br>

If that's the case, I can't come up with a good reason why.<br>

In a case like this, it might help people see exactly what the problem is if you post a copy of the picture here.</p>

<p>If you started from 3 different exposed jpeg you did an exposure blending with Photomatix, since a real 32 bit HDR image can be generated only from RAW files... By the way, are you sure that you got the problem after resizing in PS and not just when opened it?</p>

<p>And the original blended color image from Photomatix doesn't have that line of separation...?<br>

That is just plain weird.<br>

I hope that someone here can come up with a reasonable answer. If not, I think that Photomatix has a user group on their site. Post the pics there and see if anyone can explain it.<br>

What I'd like to do, just for the heck of it, is get a full-size copy of one of the shots exhibiting this -- a copy before any resizing was done -- and try resizing myself to the same pixel dimensions, resolution and interpolation method that you used to see if I get the same result.<br>

If you get an answer for this off-site, please post the results, here.</p>

<p> Okay, Photomatix definitely has a support option. They might know something about this. You might also try e-mailing your pix and problem description to, uwe@outbackphoto.com<br>

This guy has written a lot about HDR -- including Photomatix -- and Photoshop. Could be he might take an interest.</p>

• 3 months later...