Sigma 50/1.4 and a new lens...

bill_keane2

<p>I am so far having a blast with my Sigma 50/1.4... Now, since I returned my sample of the Tokina 11-16mm, I have a credit at B&H... Plus, I have a little more Christmas $ to spend.<br>

One option is to simply get a new copy of the Tokina when they arrive. Or should I go in a different direction?<br>

Right now, I have: Tamron 17-50/2.8; Sigma 50/1.4; Nikon 85/1.8; Sigma 150/2.8Macro; Sigma 300/4.0<br>

I like the performance of all of these... I could go for a Nikon 80-200/2.8 and just forget super-wide shots...<br>

I could simply get the Tokina and also an SB-800, selling the SB-600... <br>

What do you think?</p><div>00Rw3q-101583584.jpg.2290dca208a065e1d0a08637e044c8cf.jpg</div>

<p>As nice as a fast something in the 70/80-200 range is, you've got some of those focal lengths represented already. The ultra-wide end of things (a la the 11-16, or a 10-20) is really something I'd miss. Your 17-50 is pleasantly wide, but there's just nothing like the 10 or 12mm end of things for certain types of shots. Whether that's more useful to you than some f/2.8 zoom capabilities in the 80-200 neighborhood.<br /><br />As for selling the SB-600 and getting an SB-800... you need a good reason for that one. I can think of some, but I don't know if they apply to your shooting style. Your camera can remotely control either of them, and unless you're going to get a second of either, you don't really need the 800's ability to act as a commander while mounted in the hot shoe. The 800 has a PC connector, so it lends itself more gracefully to using radio triggers and whatnot. A little more power, and some other pleasantries (like an included diffusor cup, WB gels, etc)... but none of that may matter to you. How do you find yourself using the 600, now? </p>