Maximum print size from D80?

danny3

<p>WELL, at the maximum 300 DPI of an optical RA4 lightjet or whatever with an image size at 3872 x 2592 you get 13 by 8.5. 150 dpi is 26 by 17. run the calculations.</p>

<p>It will print fine to 20x30 and beyond. Don't worry about it.</p>

<p>Daniel, The short answer is "Yes, the D80 will produce a photo that can be printed at 11 x 14". The long answer can be found here: http://www.bythom.com/printsizes.htm. Thom Hogan explains it better than I could possibly dream of.<br>

From personal experience: I've taken a 6 megapixel photo of the US Flag shot with a D50 and blew it up to 33 x 47 @ 300dpi and it retained enough detail that the stitching in the flag and the fabric texture was tack sharp. I confess that the embroidery in the stars lost some detail, but I blame that partially on the lack of DOF when the photo was shot. I used Genuine Fractals Pro from OnOne Software for the resize, this little plugin for Photoshop works magic!</p>

<p>El-Co Color Labs in New Jersey does 20x30's for $9.95, if you buy two, on photopaper, printed on a Durst Theta. There may/must be some interpolation involved, but regardless, glossy prints made from my D80/D200 are wonderful -- sharp, clear, great color.<br>

I did a shot of a new church complex in the Balkans, hand-held, ISO 100 with a Tamron 17-50 on my D200, and the 20x30 prints from this were used as gifts for major donors to the complex.</p>