1st 5d Mark II Model Video for Ryoni.com

ming_han_chung

<p>http://www.ryoni.com/2008/08/10/model-alina-dupuis-team-ryoni/<br /> --<br /> Hey All!<br /> <br /> First wanted to say i'm a contributor at this site so my bias will be towards it of course ..<br /> <br /> But!<br /> <br /> This is the first 5d Mark II model video (lingerie themed) released by us from our exclusive model Alina Dupius. It is slightly NSFW and is the first attempt by Ryoni.com with video shot through the 5d mark II.<br /> <br /> Some small technical background.<br /> It was attempted using only the 5d Mark II, 24-70 USM and the 85L II. As it was a "test" video we decided to go tripod-less to see how difficult it would be to handle hand held. As you can see from the results there is some shake but still surprisingly good considering the manual focus. <br /> <br /> We will be posting many more of these videos in the future so keep tuned in. If you have any other questions about how the video was made, encoding, etc. Also if you have any tips for us (as we are new to the 5d mark II) and feedback would be welcome!</p>

<p>While the video at the posted link may be terrible movie making, it does demonstrate that the 5Dii is capable of producing astounding video quality that surpasses even results from $10,000.00-$15,000.00 Canon and JVC ProHD ( HD250 ) video cameras. What those others camcorders have - and the 5Dii lacks - is timecode sync, audio management, detailed focus and gammas support etc., as well as big battery power and hard drive recording. In the hands of someone with a good sense of movie making, I have the impression the 5Dii will be showing up having produced some astonishing material.</p>

<p>The other posters on this thread are going to need to get used to video discussions in photo sites because I have the impression the combo still/video unit is here to stay and will only become more common with time. Even high end digital cinema systems like red.com have made this clear.</p>

<p>Get used to it Christopher and Mark.</p>

<p>good point summer. i do think the video features are here to stay and this will become more regular talk in the forums, however like photography, we should be allowed to critique, and if this forum does get swamped with poor video like this, then i think it's fair to ask for another forum (for the vid guys)</p>

<p>i'll try and upload some crummy vid samples from my 5d2 later on this week :)</p>

<p>I agree with summer. christophers comment to use a video camera doesn't make any sense... despite the fact that the 5Dm2 produces astonishing nice video, as we all could see with vincent laforets demo earlier this year, the ryoni video is pretty much as awful video making as it can get, and the gorgeous model couldn't rescue the video. i can only suggest to whoever uses the 5dm2 for videos, to look into basic film/video techniques to avoid all the mistakes that are visible in the ryoni video, which could have been filmed with a cellphone, it wouldn't had made a difference. (one would think that a site like ryoni that doesn't do anything else but model videos would know a bit better, but it looks like they let the interns run away with the 5dm2 :-)</p>