Winter wildlife in and arond Jackson, Wyoming.

alex_mody

<p>Hi,<br /> <br /> I'm just wrapping up a road trip out west, and I was presented the opportunity to visit some extended family near Jackson, WY for a few days before heading home. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask... I have little to no knowledge of the area, but I understand there are a variety of big mammals in the area (Moose, Elk, Bison) and I'm curious to see if anybody has locations, recommendations, or tips they'd be interested in sharing with me. <br /> <br /> Thanks,<br /> -Alex</p>

<p>You will probably have to take some type of tour into Yellowstone as almost all roads are closed to vehicle traffic. Finding the animals will be no problem. As an off note, I was in Jackson in May and a family of fox (mom and five kits) were living in a meadow in the middle of town. Got some great shots of them all.</p>

<p>I'd second the suggestion of the National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole. You may also have some good luck in Grand Teton National Park - particularly off Antelope Flats Road. You should have plenty of bison, elk, and probably moose. Also look for Bald Eagles near water - they are relatively common in the area. There are a number of good overlooks for wildlife - Willow Flats is my favorite but I am not sure how it will be in winter.</p>

• 3 weeks later...