De qui s'agit-il?

You can order the last book about HCB on amazon.fr (thay are probably shipping to Canada, but to an extra cost).

I didn't check on amazon.com, which would probably be a cheaper solution for you because of the shipping costs.

Cheers,

Didier.

I am in Los Angeles, and I saw it a couple of days ago in one of the Branes and Noble stores here.<br>

Try to check the Barnes and Noble bookstore chain (they have their websites; do not know if they ship to Canada; at some point in the past they seemed to merge their on-line ordering system with that of Amazon - please investigate yourself if ordering is possible for you).

<p>

The book itself is a very good collection of probably the best photos from all other books by HCB one can think of. The only other similar approach I saw was in "Cartier-Bresson and the Artless Art by Montier, which included that latter's thesis on Bresson as text.

I just got back from Barnes & Noble and the book is on the shelf. Unfortunately it had been dropped so I didn't buy it ($75.00 USD)

The book is titled:

THE MAN-THE IMAGE & THE WORLD ISBN: 0500542678. Here is the link for the book at Barns & Noble on line: ($60.00 USD)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=1LS6C94A4J&isbn=0500542678&pdf=Y

Very nice book. I will add it to my HCB collection of books.

Good Luck,

Bob

Subject: Response to De qui s'agit-il?

I got the French version from amazon.fr last week. The book is very good but I have two reservations: 1.I was expecting a description of the pictures, which would help to appreciate them more. 2. I was expecting more text to present us his approach.

On another note, I am going tomorrow evening to the opening of the exhibition in Bermuda on Lee Miller. This woman had a real talent and a very interesting live. Her son will present a lecture of her work and life on Saturday as well. Have you heard about her?

Thanks - Arie

I am very much aware of Lee Miller. She used to live with her husband Roland Penrose in a farmhouse in Sussex not too far from where I live.

Her career has been feautured in programmes on our Channel 4 TV and Radio 4 (BBC) quite recently. (I was listening to an interview with her son Antony Penrose a couple of weeks ago on Radio 4.)