Price of Noctilux lense.

Cambridge is one of the worst mail order companies in existence. They have been advertising extremely low prices at least since the early 1970s, when as a teenager I first called them to order a Canon FTb.

They never have the item in stock at the advertised price. But they always have a higher priced alternative.

They are scum.

Peter White

I was thinking about www.deltainternational.com. There seems to be positive feedback from Leica lens buyers, but read their return policy. Seems like it covers only defective stuff, or store credit. Good luck, tell us who you go with and your results. Thanks.

I ordered alot of stuff from Cambridge from 1970 to the mid 1980's; with never a trouble; they were honest; friendly and shipped quickly.....<BR><BR>,A friend didnt know what he was buying an bought a combination camera package from them; then decided it was not the one he wanted after shooting a couple of rolls of film.....After much much hassling them they took it back; but he ate the freight charges both ways.....Today he still buys an item and quick grows tired of it...

I also bought a lot of gear from Cambridge in the late 70's and early 80's. But in the past 10-15 years, they've gone into the toilet. Stay away. There is NO reason to go anywhere else except B&H, Adorama, or Photo Village for NYC-heads.

On the Noctilux, they regularly come up for sale used, I'd stay with that route, myself.

Michael: I agree with Skip. I would however add Ken Hansen to

the list of great/honest stores in NYC. The service and followup

are superior to B&H and Adorama (which are great for film and

other accessories.) I have never dealt with Rich Pinto so I can't

compare there. Ken's phone number is 212 3170923.

My advice is to go with a reputable dealer and avoid grey

marketers as there is an excellent chance that your Noct will one

day need their services for one reason or another...