Luigi cases

todd_angood

<p>I've been a reader of this forum for over a year and this is my first posting. Just wanted to let others know that I just purchased one of the Leicatime half cases from Luigi for my M6ttl titanium and my M8. I cannot believe the fine quality of his products. He is also excellent to deal with. He sent me the wrong case for the M8. When I e-mailed him, he apologized profusely and had my replacement case to me in 4 days.<br>

For anyone out there, I would highly recommend this vendor. My experience was tremendous. My gadget bag now smells great too! :)</p>

<p>Michael, I will get a Luigi case for my Contax G2 also .. been looking at them for over 2 years, expensive yes, but he has a lot of very satisfied customers .. and the G2 looks excellent when dressed in one.<br>

PS. You're former AF Security Police? Me too. Although I never worked in the Phillipines .. a great assignment for a K9 handler .. many years ago I went through the MWD Supervisor's Course at Lackland .. probably, like you, at that time I carried a .38 and a GAU on duty .. brings back some memories .. my assignments were in Germany .. best regards.</p>

<p>I'll jump in with whole-hearted support for Luigi. I've purchsed two of his cases for my M3s. They are not "hand-made," they are "hand-crafted" if I may make that distinction. These are of the finest craftsmanship. And yes, he is a great businessman with which to deal.</p>

<p>I've no problem with his build quality. But I bought a half-case right when the M8 came out, and found he had seated the cutouts too close to the top of the "wheel" and to the top most buttons (menu and play) and the lcd screen. When I asked him about it he said the camera would eventually settle into the bottom of the case and fit right. Well that was BS. Never happened. I finally took the scissors on a Swiss Army Knife and modified it to give me more room around the wheel and above those buttons. So while I find his build quality was high, I think his standing behind his products and customer satisfaction points are a bit low. I am curious as to whether he ever fixed the M8 half-case. If one of you who got one recently might check it out and see if the wheel is centered now, with a bit of air around it, or does it the case hit the top of the wheel, kind of off center? Thanks!</p>

<p>This sounds a bit loony, even to me, but if I ever sold or gave away M6 and M8 I'd probably keep the two Luigi leather half cases. I do like almost anything made of leather, but these are very special in my opinion. In fact, I have a third one in natural brown color that I don't use and once planned to sell. But I just don't quite get around to it. I really don't like holding or using any of my Leica cameras without a leather case (with grips built in). But then I was weaned on a Pentax spotmatic that came with a leather full case. Isn't that how cameras are supposed to be shipped? </p>

<p>Charles,<br>

ABSOLUTELY, the smell of the leather is wonderful. They truly are a nice piece of goods. Makes me love my Leica's even more. By the way, the two cases I purchased are the ones with Luigi's handle built in to the case. Ergonomically, at least for me, the cameras are much more comfortable to hold.</p>