An intersting collection of photography.......

<p>Some of them are decent pictures, but what are photographers? Chopped Liver?<br>

I couldn't find the slightest trace of credits to anyone, or did I just miss that?<br>

Whose choices are these? Who took the pictures? What or who is Picerpic? Are we just running up hits on the site (<a title="hits" href="http://www.cubestat.com/www.picerpic.com" title="hits">link</a> )?</p>

<p>I don't have the answers to any of those questions.........I have no idea whose site it is or why it's there............I just happened across the site randomly and thought some of the photography was interesting. My apologies for offending anybody, just trying to be sociable.</p>

<p>Bob. I started to respond in your own spirit of generosity, but just decided to say that I happen to think that someone's work deserves credit. I was not attacking Tim, but really wanted to know what the score was, especially since display of these and other uncredited photographs is earning someone about $40+ a day, according to the link I gave.</p>

<p>Sometimes, JDM, it is rewarding just to look, experience, steep in.....other works. Your remark isn't out of line really, but it's a hard point of view which is at odds with, what I think, Tim's intent was.<br>

<br /> I post on line, you post on line.....we all do, and maybe someone makes a wee bit of money........so what? It is preferable,I think, to not always know the price of everything while appreciating the value of nothing. I don't know, and neither do you know, the exact circumstances surrounding that sites aquisition of images. I, in the spirit of the season, am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Regards, Bob</p>

<p>It appears to be yet another example of a site that is misappropriating the work of others without permission, attribution or citation for the purpose of drumming up hits to the benefit of no one but the person who cooked up the site and swiped the photos.</p>

<p>Virtually every photo traces back to the same handful of sites located in Russian, Argentina, Japan and a few other places.</p>

<p>Some folks can't seem to get the hang of the differences in acceptable use. As photographers, we should try a little harder and give no credence or attention to sites that disdain appropriate usage.</p>