Contax C/Y Zeiss lenses will they work on new 5D mark II?

evphotography

<p>http://www.pebbleplace.com/Personal/Contax_db.html<br>

<p><br>

I hope the 5DII doesnt have the inconsistancies of the 5D when it comes to alternative lenses. The 5D was never built to such super high tolerances, so you could put one adapted lens on a 5D and it would work fine, put it on another and the mirror would just hit the back of the lens.Its a known issue on the alternative lenses world, I dont know what the 5DII will be like, I havent heard anyting as yet. The 1DsII and 1DsIII are the camera of choice for alternative lenses, literally all adapted Zeiss lenses work without a single hitch. <p><br /> The 21mp sensor is going to be just as punishing on glass as the 1DsIII is; many people are going to start to see that wide angles Canon make are just not cutting it, just like I did. I would expect a significant increase in older Zeiss lens sales as photographers uncover that the cameras potential is held back with brand loyalty....</p>

<p>Has anyone tried to use a Nikon 35mm PC (perspective control) lens on a 5D? Since I have that lens, it would be the main reason for my getting the full frame camera as opposed to getting a 50D.<br>

I also have a Vivitar Series I Qdos 3-D anaglyphic lens that is in the C/Y mount and it works fine on the crop body, but am curious whether anyone has tried a C/Y Series I (identical to the Qdos except for the internals) on the 5D?</p>

<p>Has anyone tried to use a Nikon 35mm PC (perspective control) lens on a 5D? </p>

<p>you should consider a D700... while i'm a canon user, it's said that with this lens you get less color fringing with the D700 than with the 5D. Don't ask me why...</p>