Almost no Digital Compact with Remotes in UK?

<p>Shopping in London England looking for digital compacts new in the $200 range with remotes.None found to exist except an unsuitable Canon.No lugs either.Told "you must buy one brand  digital SLR"minimum $800 to get that.One suggestion that possibly manufacturers DO sell remotes for "some"models(didnt know which ones)as an optional purchasable accessory at HQ.Models interested in Fuji Fine Pix series.Oh well looks like its the self timer trick.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>So long as the camera has a tripod screw in its base or better a hot shot on top it should be easy enough to organise a remote release .... else simply glue a cable release holder onto the top of the camera if this feature is important to you.</p><div>00Rj3y-95729884.jpg.ccef412441fe2fb478f180998c4c5d40.jpg</div>

<p>The above is a little heavy in construction becuase I was using a release whose end had been broken off by the

previous owner   If you are only spending a couple hundred dollars then does it matter what you do to it, the

camera.</p>

<p>Hi Thats very ingeneous-I could possibly make an aluminium bracket that will bend and fit onto the base

screw(no hot shot top)and then adapt an old fashioned cable release quite a bit of filing and drilling though!My

other idea was to fit a D type clamp over the shutter button with camera switched to continual frame shot at the

desired photo shoot this being necessary on the FinePix as it does not appear to lock on continual still shotting

though it does do continual video shooting when the 10 minute time limit is overidden</p>